Saturday, May 21, 2011

You Don't Know Jacques- May 21

There is a group that is predicting that the world will end today.  NO WAY!  NOT ON MY BIRTHDAY!

Meeso

Since I retired a few years ago, I’ve celebrated my birthday in different places – Machu Picchu, Turkey, Egypt, and this year in Opelika, Alabama visiting with Molly, Lewis, and Meeso.

It was a day with some new experiences starting with my first pedicure – a gift from Molly.   I think I could easily get hooked.  Molly helped me choose a nail polish color  – You Don’t Know Jacques –she said it goes with everything.

Then it was my first ride through Goo-Goo.  I liked it so much I did it again with Bill.  Goo-Goo is a car wash.   You stay in your car, put it in neutral, sit back, and go through a shower, wipe down, and blow dryer - like a ride in Disney.  No franchise in Florida yet but hopefully coming soon.


The one thing I like about Opelika is hearing the train whistles.  Downtown is Railroad St. along the train tracks where the old brick buildings are now restaurants and shops.  One is a bar called Irish Bred Pub. If you’re lucky enough to be there when a train passes through you can get a shot for one dollar.  We ended the day there - great atmosphere, beer, and music.

At the Irish Bred Pub


For my next birthday I wish for new experiences and new places.



A coin  in the fountain - not the Trevi  - but at the Jule Collins Smith Museum in Auburn.



4 comments:

  1. Treasured moments. Can't wait for your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you guys are having a blast! I'm sooo jealous! Happy belated Birthday and here's to many, many more happy pedis!
    I am loving Meeso.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A little late, but Happy Birthday. You've done so much already. Love reading about the various places you visit, including the car wash. Used to do that as a kid in my hometown and loved it, too.

    ReplyDelete